If you have a Norton product installed on your computer like Norton Antivirus, Norton 360, Norton Internet Security, or Norton Security then the Norton toolbar gets installed along with it. Although, some web browsers require the users to install the extension from their respective web browser store. Sometimes the Norton Identity Safe Toolbar goes missing from the web browsers. This could be due to lack of an updated software, or an issue with the extensions. Whatever the reason may be, here are steps to troubleshoot the issue of missing Norton Identity Safe toolbar on the web browser:
Step 1: Update the Norton Product Software
Updating the Norton antivirus software to the latest version is the first step. If your subscription is active then you will receive the latest Norton version from the Norton Update Centre. If your service provider gave you Norton then check with the service provider and ensure whether or not you have the latest Norton version.
Step 2: Run Live Update
- Start Norton by clicking on the Norton icon in the toolbar.
- In the Norton Home Page go to Security.
- Click on LiveUpdate
- If you have Norton Identity Safe downloaded from the Norton website then click on Settings icon which will be at the bottom of the home page. In the Setting window, go to the About tab and then click on Check for new updates.
- Wait for the Norton LiveUpdate to finish.
- Click on OK
- Run the Norton LiveUpdate.
- Wait until the Norton product gets the latest protection updates.
- Exit all the running programs.
- Restart the computer system.
Step 3: Enable the Norton Toolbar in the web browser
- Start Norton.
- When a toolbar extension pop-up comes up, follow the on-screen instructions. If the pop-up does not appear on the screen, follow the subsequent instructions.
- In the Norton homepage, open Identity by double clicking on it.
- Click on Identity Safe
- In the window of Norton Identity Safe, find the Settings icon on the bottom of the window and click on it.
- Go to the General tab which is next to Google chrome and click on Install Extension.
- Follow the instructions on the screen for installing the extensions. In order to have complete web protection and password management, adding all the extensions is highly recommended. When the Norton Security Toolbar extension is either not installed or disabled then the Password management tool given by the Norton Identity safe extension will be unable to function.
- Go to the Norton Identity Safe website from Chrome if you wish to add all of the related extensions.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
All of the latest Norton product versions are compatible with Internet Explorer 8 and later versions.
- Open the Internet Explorer.
- In the top right corner of the browser, click on the tools
- In the drop down menu, choose Manage add-ons.
- In the toolbars and Extensions tab, find Norton toolbar in the currently loaded Add-ons.
- Check the status of Norton Toolbar. If it is disabled then click on Enable.
- From the list of currently loaded add-ons, verify the Norton Identity Safety status.
- If the Norton Identity Safety status is disabled then enable
- Click on Close.
- Restart the Internet Explorer.
If the issue of missing toolbar still persists then get technical help from Norton Antivirus Support team. The Norton antivirus customer care provides 24/7 instant solutions for all the errors and issues. Visit this website for norton.com/setup.