Norton Antivirus is a trusted and popular security product. It not only gives real-time protection but it also provides protection to all sorts of devices like android, windows, iOS, laptops, mobile phones, etc. However, even the otherwise efficient and robust Norton Antivirus is prone to errors. Here are some of the most common Norton errors and steps to fix them.
Error 3048, 3
Error Code 3048, 3 is one of the most common errors which appear during the process of Norton antivirus installation. Asides from stopping the installation process, it also has the tendency to crash the running program window. This error causes incomplete or failed installation. The error may show up when the windows system files are infected or when the windows registry is corrupted. Below are the steps to fix Error Code 3048 3:-
- Launch Norton Antivirus Program.
- Go to Security Live Update.
- Complete the update and click OK.
- Run the latest protection updates.
- Restart the computer system when the live updates are downloaded and run.
Error 8504, 104
The typical reason for Error Code 85-4, 104 is the presence of any other conflicting security software, or another version of Norton installed on the system. For fixing this error, one has to uninstall the third party or the contradictory software and remove it entirely from the system’s hard disk. Here is how you can troubleshoot this error:-
- Launch the Norton Security Software
- Open Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
- Run Remove and Reinstall.
- Remove Norton.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall or change a program.
- Remove and uninstall all the other security software programs.
- Head to Device Manager.
- Open Display adapter.
- Go to Properties of HD Graphics Card.
- Check for the updates available for Video graphics driver.
- Download and install the available updates.
- Reboot your computer.
Error 8506, 421
Error Code 8506, 421 is also one of the most common errors. It is easy to fix this error by rebooting the PC. However, due to inevitable technical setbacks, Error 8506, 421 may crop up again, but it can be quickly resolved by reinstalling the Norton antivirus software. Below are the steps to fix Error 8506, 421:-
- Restart the computer system.
- Open the Norton antivirus program.
- Head to Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Run Norton Remove and Reinstall.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and remove the Norton antivirus software.
- Reinstall the Norton antivirus program.
- If the error pops up again, download Norton Power Eraser.
- Run Norton Power Eraser.
- Open NPE.exe
- Press Continue.
- Click on Accept in the license agreement window.
- Open Norton Power Eraser.
- Click on Unwanted Application Scan.
- When the scan is successful, click on uninstall.
- Follow the on screen instructions carefully.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- Restart your computer system.
Error 8505, 129
Error Code 8505, 129 occurs due to the computer network’s proxy settings. Removal and reinstallation of Norton antivirus program can fix this error. Moreover, you may need to run an advanced scan to remove any virus infections and malicious software. Here is a quick way to correct this error:-
- Go to Start.
- Type Internet Options in the search box.
- Press Enter
- Launch the Internet options window.
- Go to Connections.
- Click on LAN settings
- Check if any Proxy server box is checked or not.
- Click on OK.
- Select Apply.
- Click on OK button.
Norton Error 3039, 65559
Norton Error 3039, 65559 happens after system restoration and uninstalling the Norton program can fix this error. Here are the steps to fix this error:-
- Download Norton Remove and Reinstall.
- Open the Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Click Agree to the license agreement.
- Click on the Remove/Remove and Reinstall button.
- Click on continue.
- Click on Remove.
- Click on Restart Now.
- Download the Norton Power Eraser.
- Click on save.
- Run Norton Power Eraser.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Go to Unwanted Application Scan in the Norton Power Eraser window.
- Click Uninstall in the Unwanted Application Scan window.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and uninstall.
- Reboot the computer system.
If you have recently bought a Norton product key then for its activation and setup visit Norton.com/setup.
For more details, Kindly visit: