Whenever your computer gets contaminated with an infection, it leads to unnecessary time loss. Moreover, some infections are hard to detect. Even after detection, it is hard to remove them from the system. Every day malware evolves and gets more complicated than ever. At times even experts find it hard to combat them. Moreover, viruses multiply and reproduce at lightning speed. They corrupt data, delete files and wreak havoc. So, if your device gets compromised, your data may get corrupted, lost, or held for ransom.
For this reason, everybody who uses computers, phones, tabs, etc., would like to take measures to protect their data and devices against threats. The malicious software is a huge hazard and safety risk. Hence, in order to protect the devices and networks, one must install a sturdy antivirus software. Now, in the arena of anti-malware, Norton needs no introduction. Therefore, it would be wise to get a Norton program from norton.com/setup.
Prerequisites For Norton Setup With Product Key
Wrongfully installing Norton security software may cause your computer to freeze, perform slowly, result in another malfunctioning, and more. A number of people are not aware of the fact that when they get a new PC, it usually has a pre-installed security software. Many individuals do not know about it, and they just proceed to install another anti-malware on the same device. For a clean and seamless installation of Norton software, one must remove and completely delete any previously loaded security program.
It is also wise to create a backup of files before installing Norton software. Uninstall any conflicting software and delete all of its files from the system. Empty out the Recycle Bin afterward. Restart the computer and then download Norton setup.
How to Download Norton Setup?
Do not download Norton installer file if there is any other antimalware loaded on the device. Also, check whether the device is compatible or not. Connect your computer to the internet either through broadband or wirelessly. Here is how you can download Norton on your device:
- Head on to the following link: norton.com/setup.
- When the page loads, click on Sign In.
- Enter the login credentials.
- In the homepage, click on Download Norton.
- Now, simply enter the activation code.
- Click on the Next button.
- When prompted, go through the Download Terms and Conditions.
- When satisfied, click on Agree and Download button.
- Now the Norton installer file will begin to download.
How to Install Norton Setup?
When you get the Norton setup from the internet or CD, you can install Norton by following these steps:
- Go to the Download location, if you are not prompted by the Run dialog box.
- Right click on the Setup option.
- Now, select “Run as Administrator” option.
- A User Account Control window will come. Click on Continue.
- Follow the steps given on the screen.
- Norton will install flawlessly and will work like a charm after activation.
Install Norton Antivirus on Other Devices
If you want to setup your Norton antivirus program on another device, be it desktop or smartphone, then here is the step-wise process:
- Go to www.norton.com/setup.
- Sign into your Norton account.
- Right over the Download Norton option, you will find the option to add Norton to more devices.
- Select the Install on another device option.
- Now, just follow the instructions on display.
- You can also choose to get the installation link through email.
How to Activate Norton Setup?
So that you can activate your freshly installed program, you need to enter a product key. This product key will authenticate the product and confirm that it is not pirated or cracked. So, just follow the step-wise process mentioned here and activate your Norton setup with product key:
- Go to the mailbox of the email registered with Norton. Open the email received when you purchased Norton product.
- Note down the activation code mentioned in the email.
- If you use Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, then go to the Start menu and then go to Apps or All Apps.
- Now, just go to Norton Security and click on its icon.
- If you use Windows 7 or Windows Vista, then go to the Start menu and select All Programs. There you will find the Norton program. Click on it to launch it.
- If you use Windows XP, then hit the Start button and then find Norton in the list of All Programs.
- Alternatively, you will find Norton icon in the system tray. Click on it to launch it.
- In the home screen of Norton software, find the Activate option and select it.
- Key in the 25 characters alpha-numeric product key code in the space given.
- Proceed to Next.
- Follow the commands on the screen.
- Your Norton program is now activated.
Recover Norton Product Key
If you have accidentally deleted the email containing the activation code, or thrown away the Norton setup kit, then do not worry. You can easily recover the product key by following these steps:
- Sign in to the Norton Account.
- In the user profile page go to Devices.
- Click on the device for which you want the activation code.
- Now, highlight the activation key.
- Press the Ctrl+C key simultaneously.
- Now just paste the activation key and save it somewhere safe and secure.